Diagnostic Radiographer refers to a trained and licensed radiation worker who practices Diagnostic Radiography. The Diagnostic Radiographer may also hold other professional titles which reflect their knowledge and skills in the particular specialized modality area. These titles include (but not limited to) Sonographer or Ultrasonographer, CT Radiographer, MRI Radiographer, Angiographer, NM Radiographer.
Radiation Therapist or Therapeutic Radiographer refers to a trained and licensed radiation worker who practices Radiation Therapy or Radiotherapy. The Radiation Therapist or Therapeutic Radiographer may also hold other professional titles which reflect their knowledge and skills in the particular specialized modality area. These titles include (but not limited to) Dosimetrist.
The Singapore Society of Radiographers (SSR) is a professional body representing Radiographers, Radiation Therapists and Sonographers in a myriad of imaging and therapeutic modalities, ranging from (but not limited to) Radiography, Radiation Therapy, Nuclear Medicine, Computed Tomography, Angiography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Positron Emission Tomography to Ultrasonography.
We aim to foster an environment of continual professional development; through facilitation of research and organization of academic events, in order to excel in our various practices for the maximum benefit of our patients.
We hope to achieve this through:
- Organizing regular academic sessions and scientific conferences for our members
- Organizing professional courses and workshops
- Accrediting Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points to our members as a means of recognizing their efforts for professional advancement
- Publishing the societyís monthly newsletters and annual research journal
- We strive to maintain affiliations with international and national professional bodies (ISRRT, AIR)
- We strive to maintain links with associated academic and professional organizations (Nanyang Polytechnic, Centre for Radiation Protection)